- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman Announces 2017 Road Paving Projects
WEST CHESTER – March 16, 2017 – In the wake of the ice and snow storm that hit our region, state Senator Andy Dinniman today announced the major road paving and repair projects scheduled by PennDOT for Chester County this year.
“Until recently, we’ve had a rather mild winter, but the ice and snow can cause dangerous deterioration, surface cracking and potholes on our roadways,” Dinniman, who serves on the Senate Transportation Committee, said. “These upcoming repair and repaving projects can help provide a smoother, safer ride for residents and commuters on some of our most well-traveled roads.”
The paving projects slated for this year are as follows:
- Route 842 from Creek Road (SR 3071) to Brandywine Street in East Bradford Township.
- Route 842 from Brandywine Street to High Street in West Chester.
- North Wayne Avenue from the Delaware County line to the Montgomery County line in Tredyffrin Township.
- Marshall Street from N. High Street to Saunders Lane in West Chester and West Goshen Township
- Ramps at the U.S. 30/Route 82 Interchange in Valley Township
The projects are funded under Act 89 of 2013, Pennsylvania’s Comprehensive Transportation Funding Plan, and other sources.
In addition, Dinniman said he continues to work with PennDOT to ensure that roadway damage from the recent winter weather is quickly repaired and that the upcoming projects receive the support they need to be completed on or ahead of schedule.
He also reminded motorists that they can report potholes and other state road maintenance issues in Chester County to PennDOT directly by dialing 484-340-3201.
Outside Chester County, the statewide hotline to report potholes to PennDOT is 800-FIX-ROAD (800-349-7623). Motorists can use the toll-free number to report other road maintenance issues including washouts, missing signs, dead wildlife or high shoulder drop-offs. (Do not, however, use the telephone number for potholes to report a crash.)