- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman Announces More than $55K for Employee and Job Training
On January 23, 2018
WEST CHESTER (January 23, 2018) –State Senator Andy Dinniman announced that eight companies in Chester County were recently awarded $55,677 in grant funding to assist with employee training needs through the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA).
“These grants can go a long in keeping Pennsylvania economically competitive by ensuring that Commonwealth businesses have access to a highly skilled labor force and that Pennsylvanians are fully prepared to be first in line when new job opportunities become available,” Dinniman said.
The grants, funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ‘s PA First Fund, were awarded as follows:
- $11,400 for ArcelorMittal Plate, LLC
- $4,165 for Education Management Solutions, LLC
- $10,900 for HSC Builders & Construction Managers
- $7,895 for OFM Efector, Inc.
- $2,077 for IFM Prover USA, Inc.
- $690 for QR Pharma, Inc.
- $2,550 for Rajant Corporation
- $16,000 for YPrime
Focusing mainly on manufacturing and technology industries, WEDnetPA offers two types of training assistance:
- Essential Skills Training, which provides instruction in general skills needed to be successful in the workplace.
- Advanced Skills Training, which provides instruction in high-tech and advanced manufacturing subjects.
WEDnetPA supports a wide range of training opportunities, from basic math and communication skills to advanced machine operations and cyber security. Its network of 26 community colleges, state system universities and other partners provides support to help companies assess their training needs, develop training plans, and apply for funding.
For more information, visit www.wednetpa.com.