- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman Announces More than $87K for Employee and Job Training
WEST CHESTER (October 23, 2018) – State Senator Andy Dinniman announced that 11 companies in Chester County were recently awarded $87,790 in grant funding to assist with employee training needs through the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA).
“An important part of keeping Pennsylvania economically competitive is working to ensure that our businesses have access to a highly skilled labor force. These grants help prepare Pennsylvanians to be first in line when new job opportunities are available,” Dinniman said.
The grants, funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ‘s PA First Fund, were awarded as follows:
- $8,813 for ArcelorMittal Plate, LLC
- $15,199 for Anholt Technologies, Inc. (doing business as Qfix)
- $7,216 for Education Management Solutions, LLC
- $15,414 for HSC Builders & Construction Managers
- $7,445 for IFM Efector, Inc. of Malvern
- $2,077 for IFM Prover USA, Inc.
- $11,126 for Marco Protection Systems, LLC
- $10,755 for ONExia, Inc.
- $690 for QR Pharma, Inc.
- $2,550 for Rajant Corporation
- $6,505 for YPrime
Focusing mainly on the manufacturing and technology industries, WEDnetPA supports a wide range of training opportunities, from basic math and communication skills to advanced machine operations and software engineering. Its network of 26 community colleges, state system universities and other partners provides support to help companies assess their training needs, develop training plans, and apply for funding.