- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman: PennDOT to Repave Nearly 60 Miles of Chester County Roads in 2018
WEST CHESTER (November 6, 2017) – State Senator Andy Dinniman announced that PennDOT paved nearly 40 miles of roadway in Chester County this year and is on track to repave almost 60 miles in 2018.
“Keeping our local roads in working order an ongoing job, and in 2018 we’ll push to repair and repave even more roadway than we did this year,” Dinniman, who serves on the Senate Transportation Committee, said. “These project help ensure a smoother, safer ride for residents and commuters on some of our region’s busiest roads and thoroughfares.”
Segments of roadway within Dinniman’s 19th Senatorial District that were either already paved in 2017 or are currently being paved and will be completed by the end of this year are as follows:
- Kings Highway from Compass Road in West Caln to Lincoln Highway (Route 30) in Valley.
- Strasburg Road from the Lancaster County line in Parkesburg to Church Street (Route 10) in West Sadsbury.
- Route 842 from Creek Road (SR 3071) to Brandywine Street in East Bradford Township.
- Route 842 from Brandywine Street to High Street in West Chester.
- North Wayne Avenue from the Delaware County line to the Montgomery County line in Tredyffrin Township.
- Marshall Street from N. High Street to Saunders Lane in West Chester and West Goshen Township.
- Ramps at the U.S. 30/Route 82 Interchange in Valley Township.
- Caln Road at Lincoln Highway in Coatesville.
- Birmingham Road from Old Wilmington Pike in Birmingham to Lenape Road (Route 52) in East Bradford.=
Repaving projects set for 2018 in Dinniman’s district are as follows:
- Business Route 30 from Uwchlan Avenue (Route 113) in Downingtown to the Commons at Oakland Corporate Center in East Caln.
- Business Route 30 from Ashbridge Square to Cornerstone Terrace in East Caln.
- Valley Forge Road in Valley Forge Park in Tredyffrin.
- Manavon Street from Pothouse Road in Phoenixville to the Montgomery County line in Schuylkill.
- Worthington Road from the Uwchlan Township line to Newcomen Road in West Pikeland.
- Street Road from the Octoraro Creek Bridge to Homeville Road in Upper Oxford.
- Main Street in Parkesburg to the Atglen Borough line.
- Doe Run Road (Route 82) from Tapeworm Road in West Marlborough to Strasburg Road in East Fallowfield.
- Gap-Newport Pike (Route 41) from the Route 1 on-ramp in London Grove to Limestone Road (Route 10) in West Fallowfield.
- Gap-Newport Pike (Route 41) and Route 1 interchange in London Grove.
- Gap Newport Pike (Route 41) from the Delaware state line in New Garden to the Route 1 on-ramp in London Grove.
- Lancaster Avenue from Freese Road in East Nottingham to Kirkwood Pike (Route 472) in Oxford.
- Saginaw Road from Hickory Hill Road (Route 472) in East Nottingham to the Big Elk Creek Bridge on the Elk Township line.
- Lewisville Road between Chesterville Road (Route 841) in Elk and Freese Road in East Nottingham.
- Cypress Street from Thompson Road in New Garden to Scarlett Road in Kennett Square.
- Baltimore Pike from Thompson Road in New Garden to State Road in Kennett Square.
- Strasburg Road from Doe Run Road (Route 82) in East Fallowfield to Valley Road in Sadsbury.
- Faggs Manor Road from Street Road (Route 926) to Gap Newport Pike (Route 41) in Londonderry.
The repaving projects are funded under Act 89 of 2013, Pennsylvania’s Comprehensive Transportation Funding Plan, and other sources.
In addition, Dinniman said he continues to work with PennDOT that our region is prepared for winter weather and that upcoming projects receive the support they need to be completed on or ahead of schedule.