- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman Recognizes Downingtown West Cross Country Champs
WEST CHESTER (March 14) – State Senator Andy Dinniman recently recognized members of the Downingtown West High School Boys Cross Country Team on winning the PIAA-Class AAA Championship, among other honors and accomplishments.
“This truly is a historic team for Downingtown West, the Downingtown Area School District and our entire region,” Dinniman said. “Not only have they gone undefeated, but they’ve taken home a slew of titles in both the Commonwealth and the Northeast region.”
Dinniman was recently joined by team members, their families and their head coach, Scott Burns, for a special ceremony at his West Chester District Office during which he presented each of them with an official Senate citation in honor of their athletic achievements.
“The values of commitment, perseverance, teamwork and mental and physical toughness will stay with you and benefit you your entire lives,” Dinniman told the team.
He also recognized the student-athletes’ coach and parents for their tireless support during the cross country season.
In addition to winning the state title, the 2015 Downingtown West Boys Whippets Cross Country team also:
- Achieved an undefeated 11-0 record.
- Won the Manhattan Northeast Championship in Van Cortland Park, New York City.
- Won the Ches-Mont League Championship.
- Won the PIAA District 1 Championship.
- Won the Nike Northeast Regional Championship in New York state.
- And competed in the Nike Cross Country National Championship in Portland, Oregon.
Tagged with: Senator Andy Dinniman