- 19th District
- How Can I Help
Dinniman, State Senators to Discuss Vocational Training for Disabled at Coatesville Hearing
On March 16, 2017
At Sen. Andy Dinniman’s request, the Senate Democratic Policy Committee will hold a hearing this Thursday in Thorndale on job training and vocational opportunities for people with disabilities.
The hearing will be held Thursday, March 23 at 10 a.m. at Handi Crafters Inc., 215 Barley Sheaf Road, in Coatesville (Thorndale).
Proposed changes within the PA Department of Human Services Consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support Waivers will impact adult day centers and sheltered workshops for individuals with disabilities. The senators will be joined by officials from the Office of Developmental Programs, vocational facility providers and others who would be impacted by the proposed program revisions.
The committee is chaired by Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh). Those expected to testify include:
- Nancy Thailer, deputy secretary, Office of Developmental Programs, PA DHS;
- Richard Edley, president/CEO, Rehabilitation & Community Providers Association;
- Amy Rice, executive director, Handi Crafters Inc. (a provider/workshop facility);
- Jeanne Meikrantz, executive director, Arc of Chester County; and
- Cynthia McCurdy, parent advocate