Senator Dinniman’s West Chester District Office will be temporarily closed to walk-ins, public meetings, and appointments.
The office, with many staff working from home or remotely, will continue to operate during this unprecedented public health emergency. We will be answering phones, holding virtual meetings, and regularly responding to voicemail and email correspondence.
We will also keep this website updated with accurate information as it becomes available. This page will serve as a repository of services and resources available to Chester County residents during this unprecedented public health emergency.
- UPDATE (7/9): Gov. Wolf signed an order protecting homeowners and renters from eviction or foreclosure until Aug. 31/ Read More.
- UPDATE (7/2): Gov. Wolf signed an order requiring mask-wearing in public places. Read More.
- UPDATE (7/2): Financial Assistance is available for renters and homeowners impacted by COVID-19. Read more.
- UPDATE (6/26): PennDOT has extended the expiration dates for driver licenses, identification cards, and learner’s permits. Those scheduled to expire from March 16, 2020, through July 31, 2020, have been extended until July 31, 2020. Read More.
- UPDATE (6/26): Chester County has moved to the GREEN PHASE of reopening. Read more.
- UPDATE (5/22): Chester County is set to be moved into the YELLOW PHASE of reopening on JUNE 5. This follows the news that 17 more counties will be entering the yellow phase, and eight into the green phase, on May 29. Read more.
- UPDATE (5/21): Three types of Unemployment Compensation are now available.
- UPDATE (5/19): A full list of Chester County in-person polling locations for the June 2 primary is available on the Chester County website. You can access it directly here.
- UPDATE (5/8): As 24 counties open in the yellow phase, Gov. Wolf announced the next 13 counties which will enter the yellow phase on May 15. You can read more about these counties and the tools used to determine which counties can be reopened here.
- UPDATE (5/8): Gov. Wolf extends stay-at-home order for red phase counties until June 4, which includes Chester and surrounding counties.
- UPDATE (5/4): Following a reaffirmation of the primary election — set to occur on June 2 — Gov. Wolf announced that almost 1 million Pennsylvanians have applied for mail-in ballots. In-person voting centers will still be open statewide on June 2. Read more.
- UPDATE (5/1): Gov. Wolf announced a plan to reopen counties based on low per-capita case counts and appropriate population density to contain community spread. 24 counties will be moved from red to yellow on May 8. You can read more about these counties and what the yellow phase entails here.
- UPDATE (4/23): Gov. Wolf announced a plan to begin reopening business and recover economically from the COVID-19 crisis. It is based on 6 key standards and includes resources for businesses and families. Read More.
- UPDATE (4/20): Gov. Wolf extended the stay-at-home order statewide May 8, 2020. More information is available here.
- UPDATE (4/20): Gov. Wolf issued an order requiring essential employees to wear masks and calling for customers who go inside businesses to do the same. Read more here.
- UPDATE (4/9): Gov. Wolf has extended the statewide school closure for the rest of the 2019-2020 academic year. More information here. Senator Dinniman’s remarks here.
- UPDATE (4/4): Gov. Wolf called for all Pennsylvanians wear a mask any time they leave their homes for life-sustaining reasons. More information is available here. How to make a mask.
- Gov. Wolf ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations as of Monday, March 23, at 8:00 AM. More information is available here.
- UPDATE: (4/1) list of impacted businesses is available here.
- Chester County interactive COVID-19 map.
- Chester County guide to essential services (departments working on-site or remotely) can be viewed here.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health resources.
- COVID-19 testing information from the Pennsylvania Department of Health is available here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resources.
- Chester County Health Department resources.
- Sign up to Receive Alerts through Ready ChesCo.
How Can I Help?
- Online portal for donations of critical medical supplies is available here.
- GWCCC Virtual Tip Jar can be accessed here.
For Children, Students, and Families:
- Update (6/10): Guidance to resume high school, college, and recreational sports. Read more here.
- Estimated federal CARES emergency funding allocations for Chester County schools and universities are available here.
- Chester County Intermediate Unit resources.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education resources.
- How to Talk to Children about COVID-19 fact sheet and more from the National Association of School Psychologists.
For Businesses and Employees:
- UPDATE (7/6): Statewide small business assistance grant program now open for businesses impacted by COVID-19 closures. Read more.
- UPDATE: (6/26): Pa DCED has extended business loan deferrals by three additional calendar months. Read more.
- UPDATE (6/10): Guidance on the types of outdoor recreation that businesses may offer. Read more here.
- UPDATE (5/4): Two dozen more small businesses in Chester County received funding through the COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program (CWCA). Read more here.
- UPDATE (4/22): Business Loan Deferrals — Information from the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA), Pennsylvania Minority Business Development Authority (PMBDA), and Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA)
- UPDATE (4/19): Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) for individuals who have traditionally been ineligible for unemployment benefits (e.g. self-employed workers, independent contractors, gig workers. Apply online here.
- UPDATE (3/25): COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program(CWCA) information is available here.
- UPDATE (4/1): List of impacted businesses impacted by non-life-sustaining closures (effective Monday, March 23, at 8:00 AM) is available here.
- FAQ on businesses impacted by non-life-sustaining closures is available here. Other questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request for Waiver/Exemption to Business Closure here (or e-mail RAemail@example.com)
- NEW: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans (for small businesses and eligible non-profits) information available here.
- Chester County Economic Development Council (contact for Pa. Small Business First Fund)
- Unemployment and Workers Compensation Benefits information related to COVID-19 is available here.
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development COVID-19 resources available here.
For Healthcare Providers:
- Comprehensive Interim Guidance Information from Pa. Dept of Health is available here.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Critical Medical Supplies Resource Guide
- CDC’s Protective Clothing Resource Guide.